I have been honoured to receive a Beautiful Blogger Award, in part because of the award itself, and mostly because the nomination came from Jaraad/Malik of the blog Jaraad.
- Copy the Beautiful Blogger Award logo and place it in your post;
- Thank the person who nominated you, and link back to their blog;
- Tell 7 things about yourself;
- Nominate 7 other bloggers for their own Beautiful Blogger Award, and comment on their blogs to let them know.
At first I had some trouble with the idea of nominating others, because there are so many, and because I am not sure that those nominated would all care to acknowledge the award. Finally, I decided to nominate as I wished, and let the nominees decide if/how to acknowledge the award. That left the challenge of narrowing, impossible to fully resolve; and so, I have come up with the following "compromise formation" (Freud's idea of the manifestation of a compromise among conflicting desires), in alphabetical order within categories defined by me:
I'm glad they blog (and they blog a lot more than I do at the moment, so I can't complain about their quantitative production):
I'm glad when they blog (and I wish they would blog more often/regularly):
I would have nominated you but you just received the award/nomination:
I tried to nominate you only to discover you have deleted your blog:
Observations of a tired sOul-When did this happen? Why wasn't I consulted? Does my admiration of dishwashing men mean nothing to you? When are you starting a new one? :D
I belatedly nominate you because you can run/change your URL but you can't hide:
Observations of a tired sOul-I've decided to forgive you for changing URLs without so much as a by your leave! :)
7 Things About Me:
1. Curry is my favourite comfort food--ironic, since I never had it in childhood, and am not allowed to have it in my family's presence now. I'm not even allowed down the tea aisle without an escort lest I buy chai tea. Note to self: curry is not a good comfort food when you have a low grade migraine, or think the migraine is over.
2. I am a giggler. My giggling heyday was in Grade 3-4 (the same year I first learned about Saudi Arabia), when I even got into trouble with the teacher for giggling too much! Alas, or perhaps for the better, my giggle partner moved, and I have only had sporadic giggling fits since. They are still great fun and a marvelous tonic, however!
3. I am a hula hoop champion (My Local Playground--Under age 5 Category). I consider this the beginning of my athletic career, even if hula hooping had long past its heyday at the time.
4. I am a candle-aholic. In private, I like to light candles at home, especially on gloomy winter days, and particularly when I am spending a lot of time there. In public, when I am missing my Dad, I go to mass and light candles to various saints (to honour them as protectors of my Dad in heaven). Sometimes, like around the anniversary of his passing, I run out of saints and have to start over, with a second round after a second mass of the day.
5. I sometimes have trouble with fixed parametres. See above list(s).
6. I love markets, souks, etc. of all types. This is a good thing as the hub likes to visit fish markets--won't eat fish, but can't resist a seaside fisherman's market. Personally, I prefer flower markets, farmer's markets, craft markets, mixed markets, dress souks, and well, who doesn't love a gold souk!
Finally, I would like to thank Jaraad again for honouring my blog; to reassure those I have nominated that they are free to acknowledge the nomination, in whatever manner they prefer, or not at all, if they so choose; and, to acknowledge that there are many more I would have liked to nominate than was possible!